I am lucky to have a great crew!!! we kicked butt on the grouting today.
Archive for October, 2011
One component of my design includes a border across the top and bottom of the balconies, like a frame. I custom designed an extruder die to make these tile pieces. The size is about 3″ x 2″ each. I used a gun metal glaze to tie in with the black banisters around the balcony steps.The shape of the tile acts as a “bullnose” which is tapered at the end to make the water flow off the mural; just like the end tiles in a bath area.
Necessity is the mother of invention!
As I’m working away at the studio I am trying not to be anxious! The canal site is in need of repairs prior to installing a tile mural, and hopefully this will be finished soon. Just another behind-the-scenes detail that is a necessary part of the process.
I have completed glazing and firing all the pieces for both murals.Yippee! I am now doing some final layout, and have made some changes to the design. Next steps are numbering and packing in preparation to move everything to the Canal site. We are less than one week away from installing and I’m hoping for sunny weather all next week….